Saturday, August 11, 2012

Crate Chairs=Success!

As you might know from my previous post, I attempted to create the oh sooo cute crate chairs! With the help of my dad, I was able to put these wonderful new chairs together!

It took me FOREVER to gather all of the materials (mainly because I was extremely picky with the fabric!). Here is a list of the items I used and where I got them from!

Black Crates-Target <3
Plywood (6-13x15 pieces)- Well, that came from my dad's shop! I'm a lucky girl to have his direct access!
Fabric (approx. 2 yards) and Ribbon (2 rolls)-Walmart (the fabric is lime green although it looks a bit yellow and it SPARKLES)
Foam that went over the plywood-Ollies which is a small store in Cleveland with EVERYTHING you could need at a cheap price :)
Staple Gun- I already had at home.

When I totaled my spendings, it was roughly $14 per chair. It was such a fun project and I cannot wait to put these around my reading table! Hopefully I can get into my classroom on Monday! Our classrooms are almost finished but they are still under construction! I'm a bit stressed since we start August 23rd!  If you have the time, I highly recommend creating these!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through pinterest and I am your newest follower! I am in the process of making these crates for my reading area, but it's taking me forever because I can't find EXACTLY what I want!! Good luck with your school year!
    Light A Fire in Third